Groups clash in Dadu Majra, six held
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
Tension gripped Dadu Majra Colony late on Thursday night following a clash between two groups. On Friday morning, the residents of the colony blocked traffic to protest against the alleged laxity of the police in arresting the accused.
Following this, police booked six persons, four for setting a motorcycle on fire and two on charges of rioting. They were identified as Monu, Tinda, Kunji, Salman, Sham Kumar and Kuldeep and will be produced before the magistrate on Saturday.
According to police, the six, armed with sharp-edged weapons, chased two members of a rival group — Manish and Goldy — on Thursday night. Manish reportedly lost control of his motorcycle and both managed to flee the spot, leaving behind the motorcycle. Thereafter, the six allegedly set the motorcycle afire.
The supporters of Manish and Goldy protested against the inaction of the police, alleging that the policemen stood like mute spectators while their bike was set on fire.
Ashok Kumar, Manish's father, told the police that he was assaulted by the same group which was forcing Manish to sell drugs.