Groups clash in Dadu Majra, six held
- Congress says Togadia spreading venom; EC seeks recording of alleged hate speech
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police, agrees to hear Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs DD: CSK win toss, elect to bat first
Tension gripped Dadu Majra Colony late on Thursday night following a clash between two groups. On Friday morning, the residents of the colony blocked traffic to protest against the alleged laxity of the police in arresting the accused.
Following this, police booked six persons, four for setting a motorcycle on fire and two on charges of rioting. They were identified as Monu, Tinda, Kunji, Salman, Sham Kumar and Kuldeep and will be produced before the magistrate on Saturday.
According to police, the six, armed with sharp-edged weapons, chased two members of a rival group — Manish and Goldy — on Thursday night. Manish reportedly lost control of his motorcycle and both managed to flee the spot, leaving behind the motorcycle. Thereafter, the six allegedly set the motorcycle afire.
The supporters of Manish and Goldy protested against the inaction of the police, alleging that the policemen stood like mute spectators while their bike was set on fire.
Ashok Kumar, Manish's father, told the police that he was assaulted by the same group which was forcing Manish to sell drugs.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota