GTU begins e-assessment of theory answer sheets
- PM Modi's 'strategic restraint' choice: A virtue or a necessity?
- PM to people of Pak: Let’s go to war against unemployment, poverty... let’s see who wins
- Uri attack: Odia BSF jawan succumbs to injuries, death toll rises to 19
- Rain havoc in Telangana: Death toll rises to 8 in Medak
- Kashmir: Curfew imposed in Kishtwar following arrest of 3 charged with sedition
After initial hiccups, the Gujarat Technological University (GTU) has finally succeeded in implementing e-assessment system for exam answer sheets of theory papers.
As a pilot project, the university had introduced the e-assessment for MBA (first semester) examinations held in January this year. As many as 45,000 answer sheets were scanned, uploaded on the Net and forwarded to teachers in colleges affiliated with the university for e-assessment and then sent back to university's examination branch.
However, things got delayed as some teachers felt difficulty in assessing the answer sheets online despite training by a private company that is providing the technology for the purpose.
Controller of Examination G P Vadodaria said only 2,000 answer sheets were left to be assessed and hoped it would be completed in the next two days. He claimed the results of MBA (first semester) would be declared within a day or two of the completion of the assessment as preparing results would not take much time in the new system.
From the forthcoming summer examination, online assessment would be extended to all PG courses including MBA, M.Tech, M.Pharma and MCA.
Vadodaria said e-assessment would be introduced for evaluating answer sheets of all GTU courses from the next academic year.
- Loud jingoism and war talk erode India’s credibility
- Phenomenon of the non-academic VC is part of a wider crisis of the university
- PM Modi must recognise Pakistan’s gameplan, and respond at a time and place of India’s choosing
- The government has failed to provide the right incentives to farmers
- The advent of the Fadnavis government in Maharashtra Marathas’ political hegemony
- Across the aisle: In search of a Pakistan policy