GTU begins e-assessment of theory answer sheets
- Nitish trying to cheat Bihar, says Modi; CM replies PM disturbed with falling Sensex, GDP
- Manipur violence: Toll up to eight, three killed in police firing
- India script history, register first series win in Sri Lanka after 22 years
- Sheena, Mikhail my children, ready to undergo DNA test: Siddharth Das
- Market loses its nerve on weak GDP, Sensex tumbles 587 points
After initial hiccups, the Gujarat Technological University (GTU) has finally succeeded in implementing e-assessment system for exam answer sheets of theory papers.
As a pilot project, the university had introduced the e-assessment for MBA (first semester) examinations held in January this year. As many as 45,000 answer sheets were scanned, uploaded on the Net and forwarded to teachers in colleges affiliated with the university for e-assessment and then sent back to university's examination branch.
However, things got delayed as some teachers felt difficulty in assessing the answer sheets online despite training by a private company that is providing the technology for the purpose.
Controller of Examination G P Vadodaria said only 2,000 answer sheets were left to be assessed and hoped it would be completed in the next two days. He claimed the results of MBA (first semester) would be declared within a day or two of the completion of the assessment as preparing results would not take much time in the new system.
From the forthcoming summer examination, online assessment would be extended to all PG courses including MBA, M.Tech, M.Pharma and MCA.
Vadodaria said e-assessment would be introduced for evaluating answer sheets of all GTU courses from the next academic year.