Guard held for stealing Rs 28 lakh
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
A 53-year-old man was arrested from Anand Vihar ISBT on Monday for stealing Rs 28 lakh. Hemant Chaudhary allegedly stole money from a man who employed him as a security guard for 17 years.
Chaudhary was known to his employer as S K Tiwari. He was trying to flee to Bihar, where he bought property worth Rs 18 lakh.
Police acted on a complaint filed by the businessman, which said Rs 28 lakh was stolen from his car on January 7 and his guard was missing since then.
"Rs 8.5 lakh, two passbooks in the name of Hemant Chaudhary and S K Tiwari and other documents were recovered," S B S Tyagi, DCP (Crime and Railways), said.
- Telangana turmoil likely in Parliament; PM says opposition to bill are hiccups, BJP to take call as per â€˜situationâ€™
- LIVE: Narendra Modi addresses first rally in Mamataâ€™sÂ turf
- Jan Lokpal Bill divides AAP and Cong, threatens Delhi govt
- Chidambaram counters Kejriwal over khap panchayat issue, says such bodies not part of IndianÂ culture