Guard held for stealing Rs 28 lakh
- After slamming govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Modi at 7RCR
- Arvind Kejriwal lashes out at Centre, says MHA notification politically motivated
- Death toll climbs to 1412 as intense heat wave continues
- India wanted Bofors remark of President retracted: Swedish daily
- Extra-Constitutional authorities were really wielding power in UPA: PM
A 53-year-old man was arrested from Anand Vihar ISBT on Monday for stealing Rs 28 lakh. Hemant Chaudhary allegedly stole money from a man who employed him as a security guard for 17 years.
Chaudhary was known to his employer as S K Tiwari. He was trying to flee to Bihar, where he bought property worth Rs 18 lakh.
Police acted on a complaint filed by the businessman, which said Rs 28 lakh was stolen from his car on January 7 and his guard was missing since then.
"Rs 8.5 lakh, two passbooks in the name of Hemant Chaudhary and S K Tiwari and other documents were recovered," S B S Tyagi, DCP (Crime and Railways), said.