Guard held for stealing Rs 28 lakh
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
A 53-year-old man was arrested from Anand Vihar ISBT on Monday for stealing Rs 28 lakh. Hemant Chaudhary allegedly stole money from a man who employed him as a security guard for 17 years.
Chaudhary was known to his employer as S K Tiwari. He was trying to flee to Bihar, where he bought property worth Rs 18 lakh.
Police acted on a complaint filed by the businessman, which said Rs 28 lakh was stolen from his car on January 7 and his guard was missing since then.
"Rs 8.5 lakh, two passbooks in the name of Hemant Chaudhary and S K Tiwari and other documents were recovered," S B S Tyagi, DCP (Crime and Railways), said.