Guard held for stealing Rs 28 lakh
- Mali hostage crisis ends as security forces gun down militants; 27 killed
- Sheena Bora case: Peter charged with murder, criminal conspiracy
- Nitish Kumar sworn in as Bihar Chief Minister; Lalu's sons in Cabinet
- UP keeps its distance from Bihar: Why Mulayam, Akhilesh didn't attend Nitish swearing-in
- Madras HC stays cancellation of Greenpeace India registration
A 53-year-old man was arrested from Anand Vihar ISBT on Monday for stealing Rs 28 lakh. Hemant Chaudhary allegedly stole money from a man who employed him as a security guard for 17 years.
Chaudhary was known to his employer as S K Tiwari. He was trying to flee to Bihar, where he bought property worth Rs 18 lakh.
Police acted on a complaint filed by the businessman, which said Rs 28 lakh was stolen from his car on January 7 and his guard was missing since then.
"Rs 8.5 lakh, two passbooks in the name of Hemant Chaudhary and S K Tiwari and other documents were recovered," S B S Tyagi, DCP (Crime and Railways), said.
- Modi can leverage foreign policy to repair his domestic image
- Muslims biggest losers from our reservation policy, one that Bhagwat rightly wants reviewed
- If Pak state really cared for its people, it would put national economy above all else
- Despite little coverage in India, the Argentinian presidential election is significant
- Uday lacks a strong, accessible monitoring mechanism critical for its success
- What Mr Mani Shankar Aiyar won’t say