Guj bureaucrat opts to retire, joins BJP
- Vyapam scam: MP government agrees to get journalist's viscera tested at AIIMS in Delhi
- Opinion polls show 'No' votes ahead in Greek bailout referendum
- Pakistan violates ceasefire again in Kashmir, BSF gives befitting reply
- Will do everything possible to make India innovation hub: PM Narendra Modi
- Jabalpur Medical College Dean with links to Vyapam accused found dead
A senior Gujarat IAS officer has taken voluntary retirement to join the BJP amid speculation that he may contest in the upcoming assembly polls on a party ticket. R M Patel, Additional Chief Secretary (Panchayat) of Rural Housing, served in the state for 18 years in various capacities and was to retire in December, sources said. Patel's formal induction in the ruling party was announced on Sunday by the state unit BJP vice-president Kaushik Patel here. Patel, for his part, said he had "no expectations" from the party.