Economic Survey: Gujarat 2nd fastest growing state
- India's image maligned due to Dadri lynching, not because of ink attack: Uddhav Thackeray
- V K Singh's Dalit killings remark highlights a government dogged by 'small' things
- Dalit killings: BJP comes to V K Singh's defence over dog remark
- BJP alleges Sonia, Rahul Gandhi used 'Young India' to launder money
- Congress bifurcated Andhra in haste, spread poison: PM Narendra Modi
Gujarat stands second after Bihar on the list of fastest growing states during the last seven years.
Between 2005-06 and 2011-12, Gujarat clocked a Gross State Domestic Product (GSDP) growth of 9.98% while Bihar registered the highest growth rate of 10.17 per cent, states the Economic Survey 2012-13.
Gujarat stood fourth on the list of states as far as GSDP growth for 2011-12 was concerned. With 8.2 per cent growth, Gujarat was behind states like Bihar (16.71%), Madhya Pradesh (11.98%) and Maharashtra (8.54%).