Economic Survey: Gujarat 2nd fastest growing state
- Cong makes public Raje's signed document backing Lalit Modi, asks govt to sack her
- Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal announces run for US presidential elections 2016
- Maharashtra minister Pankaja Munde accused of Rs 206 crore 'scam'
- Smriti Irani in dock over fake degree; Congress, AAP demand her sacking
- All above the age of 75 in BJP declared brain dead by Modi: Yashwant Sinha
Gujarat stands second after Bihar on the list of fastest growing states during the last seven years.
Between 2005-06 and 2011-12, Gujarat clocked a Gross State Domestic Product (GSDP) growth of 9.98% while Bihar registered the highest growth rate of 10.17 per cent, states the Economic Survey 2012-13.
Gujarat stood fourth on the list of states as far as GSDP growth for 2011-12 was concerned. With 8.2 per cent growth, Gujarat was behind states like Bihar (16.71%), Madhya Pradesh (11.98%) and Maharashtra (8.54%).
In the category of unemployment rate (per 1,000) for 2009-10, Gujarat has the lowest number of unemployed in urban areas, while it stands behind Rajasthan, Maharashtra, MP and Karnataka as far as unemployment in rural areas is concerned.