Economic Survey: Gujarat 2nd fastest growing state
- Delhi High Court raps MCD for strike, says common people are suffering
- Delhi air will never be safe because of its geographical disadvantage: Panel tells High Court
- Tanzanian student targeted because she was black, says envoy
- Supreme Court tells BCCI: Fall in line, Lodha panel report deserves respect
- Adarsh scam: CBI gets Maha Governor's nod to prosecute Ashok Chavan
Gujarat stands second after Bihar on the list of fastest growing states during the last seven years.
Between 2005-06 and 2011-12, Gujarat clocked a Gross State Domestic Product (GSDP) growth of 9.98% while Bihar registered the highest growth rate of 10.17 per cent, states the Economic Survey 2012-13.
Gujarat stood fourth on the list of states as far as GSDP growth for 2011-12 was concerned. With 8.2 per cent growth, Gujarat was behind states like Bihar (16.71%), Madhya Pradesh (11.98%) and Maharashtra (8.54%).
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2
- Rohith’s despair speaks of the collective failure of the teaching community
- Mehbooba Mufti has held out CBMs for the BJP-PDP coalition
- What if we cannot poke a little innocent fun at one another
- Outcome on Section 377 will depend on composition of the Constitution bench
- Inadequate staff, payment delays undermine MGNREGA in drought-hit Mahabubnagar