Gujarat ahead of Bihar in development: Thakur
- Cricketer Mohd Kaif, Nilekani, Ravi Kishen among 194 in Congress' first list of candidates for the Lok Sabha polls
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
Bihar BJP chief C P Thakur, who will start campaigning for Gujarat Assembly polls from next week, said on Friday "Gujarat development model was better than Bihar's". He reiterated he would "seek vote for PM material" Narendra Modi.
Thakur, who had sent a group of BJP workers to Gujarat three weeks ago, said: "Bihar BJP leaders are joining Gujarat campaign with full vigour. Deputy CM Sushil Modi will campaign in Kachchhand Bhuj and I will visit Surat and Ahmedabad".
Asked if he will refer to Bihar's growth story, especially after recent Planning Commission figures showing 21 per cent growth during the 11th Five-Year Plan, he said: "Gujarat is way ahead of us. Consumers are getting LPG pipes at their homes. I have not yet checked Plan panel figures. But when Gujarat has offered a better development model than Bihar, there is no need to mention Bihar story there."