Gujarat BJP hails court's verdict on Modi, demands apology from those who 'misled' judiciary
- AAP manifesto: Jan Lokpal, justice system party's top priority
- Congress Vadodara candidate Madhusudan Mistry arrested for vandalising Modi posters
- Modi wants EC to take action against Sonia, says Cong chief resorting to 'rabid communalism'
- Shakti Mills gangrape convicts repeat offenders, says court; may face death sentence
- ICC World Twenty20: Sri Lanka through after hailstorm
Rejoicing over the Metropolitan Magistrate Court rejecting Zakia Jafri's protest petition against the clean chit given to Chief Minister Narendra Modi by the Supreme Court appointed SIT, Gujarat Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president R C Faldu has demanded an apology from the "elements that had tried to mislead even the judiciary in the name of seeking justice for 2002 riot victims". He said the clean chit to Modi on Thursday had amounted to victory of truth and justice.
Faldu said that the Supreme Court had in fact rejected "each and every falsehood spread by those seeking to destroy Modi and Gujarat".
He said the ruling was not just the victory of peaceful people of Gujarat but also it was the win of Modi's relentless attempts to maintain goodwill (sadbhavna) and truth. "There was a constant effort to involve Modi anyhow in any conspiracy after the Godhra riots but the judiciary did not budge in giving the historic decision for which it deserves kudos", he said.
He said it went to the credit of Modi that it was an unprecedented happening in the country that Modi was questioned continuously for nine hours during SIT interrogation ordered and directly monitored by the Supreme Court itself, a historic phenomenon. He said the Congress and other parties besides NGOs worked tirelessly against Modi but he came out with shining colours in the past three post Godhra Assembly elections. Never before in history of the country, an elected chief minister was probed like Modi, he said.
Faldu said it also went to Modi's credit that despite all the charade against him, he never got impacted by negative publicity and false propaganda and never showed any bitterness toward his opponents. He went a step further and launched a Sadbhavna Mission (goodwill mission) Faldu said this should be noticed, too, that Modi had quelled the Godhra riots within hours with an iron hand. "People of the country need to question hypocrite NGOs who conspired to finish Modi politically in the name of getting justice to riot affected victims.
- Rain ends West Indies' reign; Sri Lanka make final
- Uddhav’s new Sena has little room for Thackeray old guard
- 2 BSP founders battle for UP seat
- Muslims my only weak point: Somaiya
- Talking Sport: In T20 era, once-coveted ‘Test status’ well past sell-by date
- High Court lifts stay, nursery admission to resume