Gujarat: Cautious Cong now calls up nominees to give tickets
- Infosys employee murder: Police release high-resolution image of suspect
- PM Modi to meet his ministers today ahead of likely cabinet reshuffle
- India test-fires new surface-to-air missile from defence base in Odisha
- TKA Nair kin part of firm being probed by Income Tax department
- Hafiz Saeed’s No. 2 refers to ‘lions’ who ambushed CRPF bus in Pampore
Even as rebellion spread in the state Congress, candidates whose name figured in the second list that was released late Wednesday night and withdrawn soon thereafter began filing their nominations on Friday. Though the second list has not been made official, top party leaders were calling up candidates to give them the mandate verbally, sources said.
There were at least five resignations by office-bearers of the state Congress after the Wednesday episode.
New name, new start for rural health course
- PM Modi’s search for support for India’s NSG bid shows leadership, not desperation
- A separate rail budget must continue for the sake of transparency
- Why Swamy’s real target is not Rajan or Arvind Subramanian
- In football, the English miss the goalposts. In European politics, they miss the point
- Anxieties arising from the collapse of the welfare state lie behind the vote
- To attract best human capital PSUs need to be independent holding company