Gujarat CM Narendra Modi shoots from the hip: Manish Tewari
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Congress on Saturday accused Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi of shooting from the hip and asked him to come clean on alleged loss of revenue of Rs 1 lakh crore caused to the exchequer by "malpractices" of the state government.
"In June 2012, Congress MPs represented to the Central Vigilance Commissioner that there has been a revenue loss of Rs 1 lakh crore to the exchequer as a result of various instances of omission, commission and malpractices of Gujarat government.
"The chief minister of Gujarat shoots from the hip on every issue," Information and Broadcasting Minister, Manish Tewari said, adding if Modi has the "conviction or gumption", then "let him rebutt the charges" on the revenue loss issue.
On Gujarat riots issue, he said "In so far as the quest for justice for riot victims is concerned, that is a humanitarian issue. That is an issue which has been pursued very proactively...who are committed to plurality of India."
Asked about the black money stashed abroad, Tewari said: "I want to ask why we keep talking about such money only in foreign shores and hit it like a political football. We should also talk about black money in our own economy so that it is made transparent."
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express