Gujarat emerging as a global auto hub: Modi
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Bharatiya Janata Party releases second list of candidates for Lok Sabha elections
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi today said the state is emerging as a global hub in the automobile sector.
After signing of the State Support Agreement (SSA) agreement with Maruti Suzuki for its manufacturing facility here, Modi said that Gujarat has emerged as a prominent global hub in the automobile sector.
"The journey started with Tata Nano, Ford, Peugeot, and now Maruti has entered in Gujarat which will strengthen the 'brand Gujarat' as a globally preferred business location," he said.
Maruti Suzuki will set up two units in two phases in the backward taluka of Mandal-Becharaji in Ahmedabad district.
The first unit (1st phase) will be near the historical town of Becharaji and the second unit (2nd phase) will come up at a location, about 25 kilometres from Becharaji.
"Manufacturing and engineering sector in Gujarat contributes over 27 per cent to state GSDP and overall 9 per cent to the national engineering output," Modi said.
"There are more than 30 engineering clusters and more clusters are emerging like Sanand- Viramgam, Mandal-Becharaji, Halol-Savli, Anjar, Santhalpur. This will make Gujarat a global hub in the engineering sector as a whole," Modi further said.
Shinzo Nakanishi, Managing Director, Maruti Suzuki said Gujarat and India are rapidly emerging as best markets for automobiles.
Maruti and the Gujarat government have also decided to set up a state-of-the-art automobile research institute, the company said.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today