Gujarat: Father-in-law, brother-in-law ‘rape’ woman over 40 times, arrested
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
A 32-year-old woman in Halvad town of Surendranagar district was allegedly raped for over 40 times by her brother-in-law and father-in-law in last two years. The Surendranagar police arrested the duo on Friday who have reportedly confessed of raping the woman.
The suspects claimed that the woman needed physical intimacy as her husband had reportedly turned impotent in last three to four years, police said.
The victim lives in her in-laws place with her husband and three children, mother-in-law, the accused father-in-law and brother-on-law in Ajitgadh village of Halvad town of Surendranagar. Her father-in-law is 70-years-old while her brother-in-law is 42-years-old.
The matter reached police when a source close to the victim raised an alarm, called the Surendranagar SP office and said "a woman in Halvad town is being physically exploited, she is in a bad condition, please help". The caller later gave details of the victim to police.
The victim lodged an FIR at Halvad police station on January 3 against her father-in-law and brother-in-law.
Investigating officer, PSI Anil Patel said, "The woman was completely scared and found to be under depression. When she finally narrated the story, it was found that her brother-in-law have raped her 40 times while father-in-law has raped her five times in last two years. Almost everyday, the in-laws used to force themselves upon her and repeatedly raped her."
"The duo, during their interrogation confessed to the crime and claimed to police that they were raping the woman as she was in 'need' of sexual intimacy. Her husband reportedly has a health problem for last two years. However, only after the medical tests it can be ascertained whether he turned impotent or not," the police officer said.
The victim, her husband and both the accused were sent for medical examination and the samples have been sent for further tests.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express