Gujarat Governor praises Narendra Modi for ‘efficient leadership’
- Mulayam Yadav calls Narendra Modi a liar, says he changes 500 kurtas a day
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kejriwal holds roadshow in Varanasi before filing nomination
- Bhavnagar model: Muslim buys house, canât move in
- 12-yr-olds also voted in this Bihar village
- Shazia says Muslims should become 'communal' when they vote
On the commencement of the first session of the 13th Legislative Assembly, Gujarat Governor Kamla Beniwal in her address to the House on Wednesday praised Chief Minister Narendra Modi for providing "an efficient and resolute leadership" to the state for 11 years and showing a "new direction to the entire country for progress".
The Governor, who was at loggerheads with Modi over the appointment of Lokayukta, said, "The CM's Sadbhavna Mission has helped in building peace, unity and unprecedented harmony in the state. This is a glorious chapter in the history of the nation."
She took note of the historical turnout in the Assembly election, terming it "people's support and acceptance of the government" wedded to the principle of inclusive growth. "Gujarat has overcome many hurdles and achieved the distinction of showing a new direction to the entire country for progress," she said.
The Governor mentioned welfare schemes launched for minority communities. On law and order, she said the state had only 1.1 per cent molestation cases compared to the national average of 3.6 per cent. She added that Gujarat showed 16 per cent increase in tourism growth against 7 per cent in the entire country.
- Six Bengal constituencies go to poll tomorrow in second phase
- Whistleblower alleged kickbacks, favours in ‘thin client’ procurement; NDA never completed inquiry
- Pune AAP volunteers all set to hit campaign trail in Varanasi
- ‘Interstate’ gang of chain snatchers held; gold worth Rs 80 lakh seized
- CBI, Army vigilance wing carry out daylong search at NDA
- Balancing Act