Gujarat has 2nd highest number of road projects under construction: Survey
- Manmohan Singh a 'person of integrity, probity', says Sonia
- Now, a sting in Kejriwal’s tale: Colleague taped him saying let’s break Cong
- Dimapur mob lynching: Police say it's rape, Naga govt says could be consensual sex
- Aamir Khan: I apologise if 'PK' has hurt sentiments
- The AAP exchange, letter for letter
Gujarat stands second only to Uttar Pradesh in having the highest number of under-construction road projects under the public private partnership model, according to an ASSOCHAM survey report released Thursday. With a share of over 8%, the state has 22 road projects worth about Rs 13,700 crore under construction, stated the 'PPP in Road Sector 2012' report. "With a share of over 7%, Gujarat ranks fourth with six road projects worth over Rs 3,790 crore in the bidding stage. Besides, there are about 10 completed projects in worth over Rs 1,412 crore that have been put to service delivery under PPP," the report said.
The study comes at a time when the BJP has been criticising the Centre (through pre-election advertisements) for "taking away" Rs 500 crore every year in form of toll tax collected on roads built under the PPP mode.