Gujarat has 2nd highest number of road projects under construction: Survey
- Sheena Bora murder case: Third accused Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police
- 3 civilians dead, nearly a dozen injured in Pakistan firing in J&K
- Nitish Kumar's Arvind Kejriwal symbolism looks good but unease in allies RJD, Congress
- OROP row: Veterans reject govt offer, boycott 1965 golden jubilee celebrations
- Patidar protest: HC directs CID to investigate custodial death of Patel youth
Gujarat stands second only to Uttar Pradesh in having the highest number of under-construction road projects under the public private partnership model, according to an ASSOCHAM survey report released Thursday. With a share of over 8%, the state has 22 road projects worth about Rs 13,700 crore under construction, stated the 'PPP in Road Sector 2012' report. "With a share of over 7%, Gujarat ranks fourth with six road projects worth over Rs 3,790 crore in the bidding stage. Besides, there are about 10 completed projects in worth over Rs 1,412 crore that have been put to service delivery under PPP," the report said.