Gujarat has 2nd highest number of road projects under construction: Survey
- 9 killed, over 40 injured as Bengaluru-Ernakulam Express train derails near Hosur
- SC says allegations grave, but grants relief to Teesta Setalvad in cheating case
- All you need to know about AAP's WiFi Delhi promise
- 19 killed as militants storm Shia mosque in Pakistan
- Modi’s cricket diplomacy: Renewing political contact with Pakistan
Gujarat stands second only to Uttar Pradesh in having the highest number of under-construction road projects under the public private partnership model, according to an ASSOCHAM survey report released Thursday. With a share of over 8%, the state has 22 road projects worth about Rs 13,700 crore under construction, stated the 'PPP in Road Sector 2012' report. "With a share of over 7%, Gujarat ranks fourth with six road projects worth over Rs 3,790 crore in the bidding stage. Besides, there are about 10 completed projects in worth over Rs 1,412 crore that have been put to service delivery under PPP," the report said.
The study comes at a time when the BJP has been criticising the Centre (through pre-election advertisements) for "taking away" Rs 500 crore every year in form of toll tax collected on roads built under the PPP mode.