Gujarat polls: Main parties field candidates with criminal records
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Rahul Gandhi brings up Narendra Modi's marital status at Doda rally
- Congress rakes up Vajpayee's Rajdharma remark post 2002 Gujarat riots to take on Modi
- Mulayam's shocker: Boys will be boys, they make mistakes... Will you hang them for rape?
- SC junks PIL seeking reconstitution of SIT probing Gujarat riots
- After Mulayam's rape shocker, Abu Azmi suggests death for sex 'with or without consent'
Maheshbhai Vasava of JD (U) from Dediapada (ST) constituency has two charges related to murder and one charge related to attempt of murder against his name.
BJP's Jitendrabhai Somani, who is in fray from Wankaner, an Assembly constituency with a sizeable Muslim population, has two charges relating to attempt to murder.
The affidavits have been analysed by Association for Democratic Reforms (ADR) and Gujarat Election Watch (GEW), the Gujarat chapter of National Election Watch (NEW).
NEW, comprising of more than 1,200 NGOs and other civil society organisations, has been working for electoral reforms, increasing voter awareness and improving democracy and governance in the country.
Jayesh Radadiya, son of Porbandar MP Vithal Radadiya, who was in news for gun-toting toll plaza employees on Vadodara highway, has two cases against his name.
Charges related to voluntarily causing hurt by dangerous weapons and intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of peace have framed in his name.
Congress has fielded Jayesh Radadiya from Jetpur Assembly constituency in Rajkot district.