Gujarat polls: Ruling BJP, Opposition Cong plagued by dissidence
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
NCP has also alleged that a Congress candidate has filed his nomination papers from Limbayat in Surat despite seat-sharing agreement with the party for the seat. NCP has fielded Rajdeep Jamir Khan from Limbayat.
Congress's Suresh Sonwane has filed his nomination froms from the Limbayat seat with the mandate of the party.
Yesterday, chairman of Agriculture Produce Marketing Committee at Sanand, Kanbha Gohil, had tendered his resignation from the BJP after he was denied ticket for the Sanand assembly constituency.
"The party has ignored the aspirations of my community and imposed an outsider. I will continue working for the community but not for the party," Gohil said.
Similarly, chairperson of Ahmedabad District Panchayat Health Committee Kantaben Thakor and her husband Kunvarji Thokor, who was president of Detroj city unit of the party resigned from their posts in protest against BJP's decision to field Pragji Patel from Viramgam constituency.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express