Gujarat polls: Ruling BJP, Opposition Cong plagued by dissidence
- Patel row: Army conducts flag march to restore peace; seven dead in violence
- I know the exact cause of Sheena's murder: Indrani's son Mikhail Bora
- 26/11 Mumbai attack: Pakistan FIA did not probe role of Hafiz Saeed and David Headley
- Two US television journalists shot dead during live show; gunman dies in hospital
- OROP: Ex-servicemen say govt short changing them, dismiss its proposal
NCP has also alleged that a Congress candidate has filed his nomination papers from Limbayat in Surat despite seat-sharing agreement with the party for the seat. NCP has fielded Rajdeep Jamir Khan from Limbayat.
Congress's Suresh Sonwane has filed his nomination froms from the Limbayat seat with the mandate of the party.
Yesterday, chairman of Agriculture Produce Marketing Committee at Sanand, Kanbha Gohil, had tendered his resignation from the BJP after he was denied ticket for the Sanand assembly constituency.
"The party has ignored the aspirations of my community and imposed an outsider. I will continue working for the community but not for the party," Gohil said.
Similarly, chairperson of Ahmedabad District Panchayat Health Committee Kantaben Thakor and her husband Kunvarji Thokor, who was president of Detroj city unit of the party resigned from their posts in protest against BJP's decision to field Pragji Patel from Viramgam constituency.