Gujarati poet Shobhit Desai gets Vatayan Poetry Award 2012
Distinguished Gujarati poet, Shobhit Desai has been presented with the Vatayan Poetry Award 2012.
Baroness Shriela Flather and Dr Satyendra Srivastava gaveaway Shawl and the award to Desai at the annual award ceremony at House of Lords.
Renowned Ghazalkar Janab Nida Fazli was also honoured with the Life Time Achievement Award for his literary contribution to poetry.
The programme began with a one-minute silence for the late Hindi scholar, Dr Gautam Sachdev.
An audio-visual presentation on the activities of Vatayan was made by Dr Padmesh Gupta, President of the UK Hindi Samiti, followed by the award ceremony compeered by Lalit Mohan Joshi, film historian and Editor of South Asian Cinema Journal.
Shreela Flather and Vatayan's founder, Divya Mathur addressed the gathering.
- South Asia needs a feminist foreign policy
- Goa was a predictable photo-op, the real deal was the trade and aid partnerships
- Triple talaq, which has been banned by many Islamic countries, should not find support in India
- India must move away from from the idea of parity with China
- Indian army welcomes informed criticism, which allows it to learn and grow
- India lacks institutional mechanisms to deal with death of firms and the failure of banks