Gujarati poet Shobhit Desai gets Vatayan Poetry Award 2012
- Flydubai plane crash LIVE: Two Indians among 62 killed in southern Russia
- Uttarakhand govt crisis LIVE: Speaker issues notice under anti-defection law to 9 rebel Congress MLAs
- Urdu writers asked to declare: My book not against the govt, nation
- Rates cut: PPF, senior citizen scheme, deposits to earn less
- Jharkhand: 2 Muslim cattle traders found hanging from tree in Latehar
Distinguished Gujarati poet, Shobhit Desai has been presented with the Vatayan Poetry Award 2012.
Baroness Shriela Flather and Dr Satyendra Srivastava gaveaway Shawl and the award to Desai at the annual award ceremony at House of Lords.
Renowned Ghazalkar Janab Nida Fazli was also honoured with the Life Time Achievement Award for his literary contribution to poetry.
The programme began with a one-minute silence for the late Hindi scholar, Dr Gautam Sachdev.
An audio-visual presentation on the activities of Vatayan was made by Dr Padmesh Gupta, President of the UK Hindi Samiti, followed by the award ceremony compeered by Lalit Mohan Joshi, film historian and Editor of South Asian Cinema Journal.
Shreela Flather and Vatayan's founder, Divya Mathur addressed the gathering.
- Pakistan cannot be far behind Mexico when it comes to kidnappings
- Suu Kyi’s confidant is president, but generals are still breathing down the NLD’s neck
- Globalisation: It was undergirded by a set of meta-assumptions
- If Supreme Court believes ‘ADM Jabalpur’ went wrong, it must review the case suo motu
- A red carpet awaits PM Oli in China, but the ground under his feet is slipping
- BJP turns a blind eye to ally SAD’s disregard of the national interest in Punjab