Gujarati poet Shobhit Desai gets Vatayan Poetry Award
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
Distinguished Gujarati poet Shobhit Desai has been presented with the Vatayan Poetry Award 2012.
Baroness Shriela Flather and Dr Satyendra Srivastava gave away Shawl and the award to Desai at the annual award ceremony at House of Lords.
Renowned Ghazalkar Janab Nida Fazli was also honoured with the Life Time Achievement Award for his literary contribution to poetry.
The programme began with a one-minute silence for the late Hindi scholar, Dr Gautam Sachdev.
An audio-visual presentation on the activities of Vatayan was made by Dr Padmesh Gupta, President of the UK Hindi Samiti, followed by the award ceremony compeered by Lalit Mohan Joshi, film historian and Editor of South Asian Cinema Journal.
Shreela Flather and Vatayan's founder, Divya Mathur addressed the gathering.
Upcoming singer, Uttara Sukanya Joshi and Rajan Shegunshi presented Nida Fazli's ghazal on the occasion.