Gujarati poet Shobhit Desai gets Vatayan Poetry Award
- David Headley connects the dots: Hafiz Saeed, ISI, failed Mumbai attacks
- David Headley: Travelled to India 8 times, changed name for passport
- Rs 1.14 lakh crore of bad debts: The great government bank write-off
- Caste came up in 3 suicide probes at Hyderabad University
- Uttar Pradesh has been turned into 'Islamic state': Sena mouthpiece on Ghulam Ali concert
Distinguished Gujarati poet Shobhit Desai has been presented with the Vatayan Poetry Award 2012.
Baroness Shriela Flather and Dr Satyendra Srivastava gave away Shawl and the award to Desai at the annual award ceremony at House of Lords.
Renowned Ghazalkar Janab Nida Fazli was also honoured with the Life Time Achievement Award for his literary contribution to poetry.
The programme began with a one-minute silence for the late Hindi scholar, Dr Gautam Sachdev.
An audio-visual presentation on the activities of Vatayan was made by Dr Padmesh Gupta, President of the UK Hindi Samiti, followed by the award ceremony compeered by Lalit Mohan Joshi, film historian and Editor of South Asian Cinema Journal.
Shreela Flather and Vatayan's founder, Divya Mathur addressed the gathering.
- Government must resolve growing burden of non-performing assets
- Outrage over police assault on students is meaningless
- Right to a toilet: For the health, dignity and safety of women in slums
- Raja-Mandala: Maritime India versus Continental Delhi
- The Akhilesh-Mulayam duet
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress