Gujarati poet Shobhit Desai gets Vatayan Poetry Award
- Gujjars intensify agitation for job quota, block Delhi-Mumbai rail track
- Video: Mumbai graduate denied job for being Muslim, Minorities Commission seeks explanation from company
- Geelani's 'incomplete' passport application cannot be processed: MEA
- Manish Sisodia launches counter-attack, says AAP govt trying to stop officers' transfer-posting industry
- 'You are the apple of my eye': Osama bin Laden's son's letter to wife
Distinguished Gujarati poet Shobhit Desai has been presented with the Vatayan Poetry Award 2012.
Baroness Shriela Flather and Dr Satyendra Srivastava gave away Shawl and the award to Desai at the annual award ceremony at House of Lords.
Renowned Ghazalkar Janab Nida Fazli was also honoured with the Life Time Achievement Award for his literary contribution to poetry.
The programme began with a one-minute silence for the late Hindi scholar, Dr Gautam Sachdev.
An audio-visual presentation on the activities of Vatayan was made by Dr Padmesh Gupta, President of the UK Hindi Samiti, followed by the award ceremony compeered by Lalit Mohan Joshi, film historian and Editor of South Asian Cinema Journal.
Shreela Flather and Vatayan's founder, Divya Mathur addressed the gathering.
Upcoming singer, Uttara Sukanya Joshi and Rajan Shegunshi presented Nida Fazli's ghazal on the occasion.