Gulzar in Lahore on a private visit
- BJP nominee to Modi critics: You will soon be in Pak, not India
- China says no to Arunachal youth in India delegation, Minister says letâs call off trip
- Upar Narendra, neeche Bhupinder... new BJP slogan echoes in states of rivals
- Lok sabha polls: Tamizh Talkies
- On Rahul campaign, Sonia tells Amethi: âLike Indira, I gave my son to youâ
Renowned Indian poet and lyricist Gulzar has arrived in Pakistan for a private visit to participate in the Karachi Literary Festival.
Gulzar, who travelled to Lahore yesterday, will attend the recording of a 'qawwali' for an Indian film titled "Dehd Ishqiya". The song is to be sung by Meher Ali and Sher Ali.
He also visited his native village of Kalra near Deena, 250 km from Lahore, to rekindle his childhood memories.
Gulzar, 83, was accompanied by "Dehd Ishqiya" producer Vishal Bhardwaj and his wife Rekha, Pakistani film director Shahzad Rafiq and producer Ayub Khawar.
The poet-lyricist will spend time with members of Lahore's literary fraternity, including poet Amjad Islam Amjad, before leaving for Karach.