Gulzar in Lahore on a private visit
- Arvind Kejriwal calls 'emergency' Assembly session to discuss Centre's notification on Lt Governor's role
- Celebrations in AIADMK camp as Jayalalithaa becomes Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- No full statehood rights to Delhi unless there is consensus, says Arun Jaitley
- Gujjar protest to continue as talks with Rajasthan govt fail
- Heat wave toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana reaches 223
Renowned Indian poet and lyricist Gulzar has arrived in Pakistan for a private visit to participate in the Karachi Literary Festival.
Gulzar, who travelled to Lahore yesterday, will attend the recording of a 'qawwali' for an Indian film titled "Dehd Ishqiya". The song is to be sung by Meher Ali and Sher Ali.
He also visited his native village of Kalra near Deena, 250 km from Lahore, to rekindle his childhood memories.
Gulzar, 83, was accompanied by "Dehd Ishqiya" producer Vishal Bhardwaj and his wife Rekha, Pakistani film director Shahzad Rafiq and producer Ayub Khawar.
The poet-lyricist will spend time with members of Lahore's literary fraternity, including poet Amjad Islam Amjad, before leaving for Karach.