Gun that killed ASI to be sent for forensic test
- Mad rush, chaos as Arvind Kejriwal takes local train to woo 'aam aadmi' in Mumbai
- SC defers hearing on Sahara's plea on releasing Subrata Roy
- IAF aircraft on standby for missing Malaysian Airlines search ops
- Presidential delay in mercy petitions: SC won't reconsider verdict
- Lalu loyalist-turned rebel Ram Kripal Yadav joins BJP
The country-made pistol used in the killing of ASI Tapas Chowdhury in Garden Reach area last week will be sent for forensic tests, the CID said on Thursday.
"We will be sending the weapon for forensic tests," said ADG(CID) Sivaji Ghosh. The CID got a clue about the single-shot pistol, which was recovered on Wednesday, after interrogating Sheikh Subhan and Ibne, the two accused.
Meanwhile, Trinamool Congress councillor Mohammad Iqbal alias Munna, who is the prime accused and is currently absconding, is yet to receive any legal aid from party's legal cell.
Iqbal, a closest aide of Urban Development Minister Firhad Hakim, had gone underground a day after the violence. He has filed an anticipatory bail plea at Alipore court through his lawyer.
Baiswanar Chatterjee, chief of TMC legal cell said, "If any of our party members is accused in any case, we provide the legal assistance. But in this case, we are yet to receive any direction from the party about providing him legal support."
Significantly, Sheikh Subhan is said to have admitted to police that Munna led the group of violent men and was at the forefront during the attack on rival students' group. Subhan has also reportedly admitted that the firearm was handed over to him by a senior Trinamool leader.