Gun that killed ASI to be sent for forensic test
- Zero-tolerance towards communal violence, must act: Centre to states
- Varanasi: Violence breaks out during protest march, vehicles set ablaze
- Germany our natural partner, says Modi after meeting Merkel; 18 MoUs inked to boost trade
- Why the BJP finds itself in a spot before Gujarat local body polls
- Supreme Court suspends beef ban in Jammu & Kashmir for two months
The country-made pistol used in the killing of ASI Tapas Chowdhury in Garden Reach area last week will be sent for forensic tests, the CID said on Thursday.
"We will be sending the weapon for forensic tests," said ADG(CID) Sivaji Ghosh. The CID got a clue about the single-shot pistol, which was recovered on Wednesday, after interrogating Sheikh Subhan and Ibne, the two accused.
Meanwhile, Trinamool Congress councillor Mohammad Iqbal alias Munna, who is the prime accused and is currently absconding, is yet to receive any legal aid from party's legal cell.
Iqbal, a closest aide of Urban Development Minister Firhad Hakim, had gone underground a day after the violence. He has filed an anticipatory bail plea at Alipore court through his lawyer.
Baiswanar Chatterjee, chief of TMC legal cell said, "If any of our party members is accused in any case, we provide the legal assistance. But in this case, we are yet to receive any direction from the party about providing him legal support."