Gun that killed ASI to be sent for forensic test
- Karmakar country: Many Dipas of Tripura taking their own leap of faith
- For India in NSG, China to send main negotiator
- No Railway Budget from next financial year, Arun Jaitley accepts Suresh Prabhu's proposal
- J&K: 15 injured in Poonch blast, pilgrims said to be target
- Tavleen Singh writes: Kashmir’s violent ‘children’
The country-made pistol used in the killing of ASI Tapas Chowdhury in Garden Reach area last week will be sent for forensic tests, the CID said on Thursday.
"We will be sending the weapon for forensic tests," said ADG(CID) Sivaji Ghosh. The CID got a clue about the single-shot pistol, which was recovered on Wednesday, after interrogating Sheikh Subhan and Ibne, the two accused.
Meanwhile, Trinamool Congress councillor Mohammad Iqbal alias Munna, who is the prime accused and is currently absconding, is yet to receive any legal aid from party's legal cell.
Iqbal, a closest aide of Urban Development Minister Firhad Hakim, had gone underground a day after the violence. He has filed an anticipatory bail plea at Alipore court through his lawyer.
Baiswanar Chatterjee, chief of TMC legal cell said, "If any of our party members is accused in any case, we provide the legal assistance. But in this case, we are yet to receive any direction from the party about providing him legal support."
- To his successor, and to the PM and the government, Dr Rajan has left valuable messages
- Instead of laptops and books in their hands these children had stones and grenades
- Gau raksha is seen not just as a desire but a duty by PM Modi's core support
- PM Modi has put the onus for whatever happens in Gujarat on Amit Shah
- Prachanda must address Madhesi aspirations and bring relations with India on even keel
- Inflation has dropped by a large magnitude, during Raghuram Rajan’s tenure as RBI gov