Gunday to release on Valentine’s Day
- PM Modi breaks silence on Raghuram Rajan's reappointment, says it shouldn't be of media's interest
- Kejriwal, Nitish witnesses Mamata's oath-taking ceremony at Kolkata's Red Road
- US asks Pakistan to cooperate with India on 26/11 probe
- Even if we could benefit from polarisation, we wouldn’t want to derive such benefits: Rajnath Singh
- Opinion: Muslims and RSS cannot afford to go on hating
Yash Raj Film's period film Gunday, is slated to release on February 14, 2014. Directed by Ali Abbas Zafar and produced by Aditya Chopra, the film stars Priyanka Chopra, Ranveer Singh, Arjun Kapoor and Irrfan in lead roles. Based in Calcutta during the '70's, the film deals with the inseparable life of two happy-go-lucky renegades who earn the sobriquet of gunday.
First look of Shuddh Desi Romance
The first look of director Maneesh Sharma's romantic comedy with Parineeti Chopra and Sushant Singh Rajput was released. Titled Shuddh Desi Romance, the film also stars actor Rishi Kapoor, and is produced by Aditya Chopra and written by Jaideep Sahni. The movie will mark the debut of model Vaani Kapoor, who was spotted by Chopra. This will be Sharma's third film under the Yash Raj Films banner, after the 2010 hit Band Baaja Baaraat, and Ladies vs Ricky Bahl in 2011.
Ek Bura Aadmi in Noida
Arunoday Singh will be seen in the character of Munna Siddiqui in Ek Bura Aadmi. The film is based on the politics in UP and is directed by Ishraq. Presented by Philind Motion Pictures, Ek Bura Aadmi also stars Kitu Gidwani, Angira Dhar, Raghuvir Yadav and Yashpal Sharma . Music is by a group named Band of Bandagi and the singers are Tochi Raina, Raghuvir Yadav, Harmeet Raina, Pawan Uttam, Nasir Faraaz, Arafat Mehmood and Ishraq. The film releases on July 26.
- Successful inflation targeting calls for more reform. Targeting Rajan is all too easy.
- Three years of Modi govt could be Indian economy's best since '96
- Pakistan will be the test-tube for the next jihad
- Modi government’s biggest achievement is the curbing of corruption
- It’s Akbar’s turn now and the victim, as always, is history
- Muslims and RSS cannot afford to go on hating