Gunfight between TMC supporters, 1 injured
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- Will not campaign for any candidate, says Anna Hazare
A clash between supporters of Trinamool Congress on Tuesday morning left one injured. A local TMC supporter Bhola Pal was waylaid and attacked near 4A bus stand at Raigunj in Dinajpore (N). Pal was on his way to Moonlight Club from home in his Black Tata Sumo.
Eyewitnesses said another TMC supporter, Ainul Haque, along with his men, attacked the vehicle. "At least 30 rounds were fired and 20 bombs hurled at the car," said an eyewitness.
Pal was shot in his leg and has also suffered splinter injuries. He was taken to Raigunj District Hospital. Neither Pal nor his associates have lodged a police complaint.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today