Gunmen open fire at Mexico wedding, 4 dead
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate
- BJP complains to EC over St Xavier principal's criticism of Modi's Guj model of development
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: RR face stiff CSK challenge in Dubai
Gunmen opened fire at a wedding in western Mexico, killing one man on the spot while three other people were later shot dead as medical workers treated them, prosecutors said.
Two shooters, identified by witnesses as the sons of a local police chief, burst into the wedding party in the village of Cungo late Monday, Michoacan state attorney general Placido Torres said.
"They repeatedly shot a man who was sitting at a table but then the assailants inexplicably shot at the other guests before fleeing," Torres said.
One man was killed and seven others were wounded at the party.
A sport utility vehicle, escorted by a police car, was taking three of the wounded men to be treated elsewhere when an ambulance found them.
As ambulance workers began caring for the wounded, a group of gunmen arrived and killed the trio, Torres said.
After witnesses recognized the sons of the Salvador Escalante municipal police chief, a group of 50 local residents organized a lynch party and headed to the two men's home.
But federal police arrived and the two suspects were taken into custody.
Michoacan is the scene of a violent turf war between Mexico's drug cartels, but it is also known for land disputes between state residents.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'