Gun-wielding TMC leader arrested
- National Herald case: Supreme Court orders Sonia, Rahul Gandhi to face trial
- 26/11 Mumbai attackers were getting directions from control room in Karachi, admits Headley
- Anti-India acts cannot be tolerated, say Rajnath, Smriti on JNU row
- 26/11 deposition: Sparks fly after Headley repeats Ishrat-LeT link
- Gravitational waves: A leap towards theory of everything
Suspended Trinamool Congress leader Ashis Dey who had brandished a revolver and threatened the staff of a private hospital here was on Monday arrested.
Police said Dey was arrested after he surrendered Monday morning. A local court later remanded him to five days police custody.
Dey had gone into the hospital leading a group on Friday night brandishing the firearm to threaten its staff following a spat. The act was caught on CCTV. Hospital authorities had said that Dey started the spat and its staff had pleaded him to return.