Gurgaon attaches 10 acres of singer Daler Mehndiís property
- JD(U) rules out tie-up, Lalu starts own campaign, clock ticks down for Congress
- In UP, Modi takes on Mulayam, says SP misleading people under veil of secularism
- Rahul Gandhi's ordinance shortcut loses way
- Vigilance complaints pile up as Delhi Police doesnât know password
- Defence Ministry orders CBI probe into purchase of Rolls Royce engines by HAL
The district administration on Thursday seized 10 acres of land, belonging to pop singer Daler Mehndi, situated at Damdama area in Sohna in Gurgaon.
The land, according to district administration officials, is part of the 112-acre farmhouse of the pop star.
Officials said the land belonged to the municipal committee of Sohna and was restored back to the municipal committee on Thursday.
The administration also served a 15-day showcause notice to the singer for a part of the remaining land, which officials said was being illegally occupied by the farmhouse.
Officials said the municipal commissioner of Sohna had filed a case with Sohna SDM, Vivek Kalia's court, seeking action in the matter.
In his complaint, the municipal commissioner claimed that the farmhouse was occupying Sohna municipal committee's land.
Deputy commissioner P C Meena told Newsline that the issue dates back to May 2011.
Acting on a complaint, the DC had started an inquiry and 1,900 acres belonging to the municipal committee was found to be illegally occupied by many parties.
Acting on this, in June 2011, Meena had ordered the mutation of the land and its restoration to the municipal committee.
"The attachment of the 10-acre land belonging to Daler Mehendi was part of this drive. Around 1,600 acre, of the total 1,900 acres, found to be illegally occupied has been restored to the municipal committee till date. The process is on to restore the remaining land," Meena said.
"Two tehsildars were found guilty of helping private parties to grab land in the area. After a departmental inquiry, they have been suspended. An FIR has been lodged against them and police investigation is on," Meena said.
Despite repeated attempts, Daler Mehndi could not be reached for comments.
- War in Congress: Old soldiers fight Rahul brigade | The Indian Express
- Aam Aadmi Party Lok Sabha 2014 Candidates – Full list
- ‘Allegations against Somnath Bharti prime facie correct, police justified in refusing Khirki Extension raid’
- Clash of the stalwarts: Uttar Pradesh set for Modi, Kejriwal rallies today