Gurgaon Rapid Metro misses deadline again
- Gandhinagar thrust on sulking Advani, Modi given Vadodara as back-up seat
- âISIâs Pasha knew where Osama hid, Lashkarâs Saeed was in touch with himâ
- Donât think CBI has all the facts on Bhave case, says Chidambaram
- Sri Sri wisdom for followers: Lakshmi always rides on lotus
- 2 in Muzaffarnagar riot FIRs get BJP tickets, one says have to deliver for Modi
Four days after the deadline for the launch, there is no sign of Rapid Metro rail services in Gurgaon. Rapid Metro has already missed two deadlines earlier — in January and March.
Claiming that they had been misquoted on the launch date, officials of the Rapid Metrorail Gurgaon South Limited (RMGSL) said the October 2 deadline had been set by senior officials of the Hooda government. They said safety clearances for the project, to be given by the CMRS (Commissioner of Rail Metro Services), were still pending.
"The CMRS accepted our application about 10 days ago to conduct the mandatory inspection before the line is opened. We will launch the commercial operations upon receiving the clearance," the Rapid Metro spokesperson said.
The October 2 deadline had been announced after a review meeting on September 19, which was attended by S S Dhillon — Principal Secretary to Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda.
The Rapid Metro is slated to be the country's first Metro rail system developed on a public-private-partnership (PPP) model at the cost of about Rs 1,100 crore.
Sanjeev Rai, Managing Director of RMGSL, had said, "The construction of the first phase has been completed and will commence in the first week of October (October 2)..."
According to a senior official, the Metro had received a green signal to conduct high oscillation trials in August. Since September, all three trains of the Rapid Metro had been running trials from 6 am to midnight and has submitted a report to CMRS.
"All our six stations, except the Gateway tower station, have been completed and the ticket facilities have been put in place. People will be able to use DMRC tokens on the Rapid Metro. However, we do not know when the operations will start," a senior official said.
- PU to conduct entrance test for BPharma, BSc seats on May 24
- Mohali: One community centre functioning, 2 being renovated
- Sardarpura case: Convicts get 10-day temporary bail
- CBSE’s new marking system lowering scores, say teachers
- Student organisations protest police inaction
- Not a statistic: Accident victim’s kin takes fight online