Gurgaon-Manesar complex: Final plan notified
- Probing Pathankot attack: Fence floodlights that didn’t work, gaps in border patrol
- Venkaiah meets Sonia, seeks Cong cooperation in passage of critical bills
- Opinion: Left is stuck with old issues, writes Prakash Karat
- Chhattisgarh Tapes: Congress expels MLA Amit Jogi for six years
- Sensex tumbles 378 pts, Nifty cracks 7,700 on global rout
Haryana government has notified the Final Development Plan of Gurgaon-Manesar Urban Complex with total urbanisable area of 32,988 hectares to cater to a population of 42.50 lakh by 2031.
Of the total land area in the final plan, a total of 16,021 hectares have been reserved for residential areas, 1,616 hectares for commercial, 4,613 hectares for industrial and 4,428 hectares for transport and communication purposes.
Besides 608 hectares have been earmarked for public utilities and 2,027 hectares for public and semi-public establishments, 2,928 hectares for open spaces, 114 hectares as special zone and 633 hectares as defence land.
The Plan notified Thursday by the Haryana government will ensure that residential areas be developed on neighbourhood concept by making provision of all community facilities and services within the sectors on an average net residential density of 250 persons per hectare.
Keeping in view of water scarcity in Gurgaon, effort shall be made to develop all the sectors/colonies on zero discharge concept for encouraging the use of recycled water. An area of 50 hectares approximately has been earmarked in Sector 68B for providing housing to low and medium income group, while 215 hectares has been reserved for a university in Sector 68 to be set up by the government agencies.
- Left is stuck with old issues. It must strike new conversations with middle classes and youth
- To tackle terror, Saudi Arabia would have to fight the very forces it supports
- In the new year, the state must not look on as the weak are bullied
- A dream called Akhand Bharat
- Underestimating disability
- India, Pakistan must break the pattern of camaraderie cameos