Gurgaon's Sunrise Hospital shooting: Son dies, key accused arrested
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Polling stopped in Pune booth due to faulty EVMs
- âWonât be vindictive... will ask Supreme Court to clear MP, MLA cases in a yearâ
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- Plea to vote for âsecular partyâ splits Bollywood
- âWe gave instant justice, todayâs youth canât stand up for their mothersâ
A day after over seven persons brazenly opened fire in an ICU of a private hospital here, one of the injured persons today succumbed to his injuries while his father was battling for life, even as police today claimed to have arrested the key accused.
The father-son duo, Satveer and Joginger, were seriously injured in the attack yesterday, allegedly over a property related dispute.
They were later shifted to Medanta Medicity hospital after the attack inside Sunrise hospital yesterday.
Joginder succumbed to his injuries this morning while his father, who has now been shifted to a government hospital in Delhi, remains to be in critical condition, hospital sources said.
Meanwhile, Gurgaon police have arrested the main accused Manoj alias Aalu.
According to Deputy Commissioner of Police (Crime), Gurgaon, Maheshwer Dayal, Manoj had fired shots at the duo inside Sunrise hospital yesterday.
Manoj was arrested from Gurgaon last night when he was trying to escape while his other accomplices managed to flee," Dayal said.
police have identified seven accused and would soon arrest rest of them, the officer claimed.
Last evening, over seven persons had attacked the father-son duo in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of the private hospital in the satellite town.
"Both the parties had fought outside Gurgaon court yesterday after a hearing, and the father-son duo were admitted to the hospital after receiving minor injuries," the DCP said.
According to eyewitnesses, the men, numbered around seven-eight, barged into the Sunrise hospital at around 5 PM and shot at the duo.
A guard at the hospital said, "the men were armed and I fled soon after hearing five gun shots."
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18