Gurpreet beaten up with hot iron rods, made to drink urine: Mother
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- Will not campaign for any candidate, says Anna Hazare
Sukhraj Kaur, mother of 22-year-old Gurpreet Singh Gopi of Nangal Wahian village — who died on Monday after being allegedly beaten up by 11 people, including SAD sarpanch Amarjit Singh — on Tuesday claimed her son was made to drink urine and beaten up with hot iron rods.
On Monday, Akali sarpanch of Nangal Wahian village was among 11 people booked by the Amritsar (rural) police for Gurpreet's murder.
The victim's mother had alleged that Gurpreet was kidnapped from her house on December 8. By the time her relatives went to rescue Gurpreet, he had already been brutally beaten. Sarpanch Amarjit Singh allegedly fired a couple of shots from a 32 bore gun to scare Sukhraj and her relatives.
On December 9, Gurpreet succumbed in a hospital at Ajnala. Sukhraj Kaur had also claimed the accused suspected that her son was having an "illicit relationship" with the sister-in-law of one of them, Swaran Singh — who was arrested on Tuesday.
Speaking to mediapersons on Tuesday, Kaur said: "First, they gave my son water and then put urine in his mouth," Kaur said, adding that her son had told her this before he died. "There were holes on his legs and hands caused by hot iron rods."
A doctor who attended to Gurpreet at the hospital before he died, claimed 43 injuries were found on his body. "The cut injuries were not deep, but superficial. The death occurred due to acute renal failure caused by extensive muscle damage due to assault on body. His body had gone blue at many places, indicating extensive damage to the muscles," he added.
Asked about Gurpreet's mother's claims, Amritsar (Rural) SSP Preetpaul Singh Virk said: "Neither any injuries were inflicted with hot rods and on private parts, nor was the victim made to drink urine." He, however, confirmed that there were 43 injuries on Gurpreet's body.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today