Gurpreet’s heroics set up Bharat Petroleum triumph over Indian Air Force
- PM Modi at UN General Assembly: Women's development integral part of our development plans
- PM Modi in US: What scares CEOs about doing business with India
- Pak expresses 'deep concern' about India's plan to build wall along LoC
- Barack Obama, Xi Jinping agree: US, China won't conduct cybertheft
- Volkswagen faces probe in India after emission standards scandal
Gurpreet Singh's superlative skillsguided Bharat Petroleum to a narrow 3-2 win over Indian Air Force and into the semi-finals of the All India Sahibzada Ajit Singh Hockey Champions Trophy being played at Olympian Prithipal Singh Stadium, PAU on Wednesday. He scored two goals to hand his team a well-deserved win.
The match started on an attacking note as both the teams made some attacking moves. Harwant Singh of Indian Air Force scored the first goal of the match when he netted a field goal in the ninth minute of the match. A goal down, the BPCL forwards made some individual rallies into the opposition half and their efforts soon paid dividends. Gurpreet Singh scored the equaliser for the Mumbai team in the 22nd minute of the match to make the matters even. The first half ended with both the teams tied on 1-1.The second half of the match started on an attacking note as Hari Prasad scored the second goal for BPCL in the 37th minute of the match. Indian Air Force did not lose heart as their forwards made some fine attacks into the opposition half. Virender scored the equaliser for the Indian Air Force team in the 43rd minute of the match to make the scoreboard read 2-2. Gurpreet Singh then scored his second goal of the match for the BPCL team in the 49th minute to set up a narrow 3-2 win for the Mumbai team.