GVK EMRI predicts 34% rise in trauma cases during Uttarayan
- Hunt on for Malaysian Airlines: Stolen passports, missing debris fuels fears of foul play
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
- Rs 25,000 cr: CAG sees biggest ever J&K land scam
- UP BJP wants tickets for four riot-accused MLAs
- Haryana, Gujarat top industry-friendly states, Maharashtra among bottom five
Based on past records, GVK Emergency Management Research Institute (EMRI) has predicted a 34 per cent rise in trauma cases while flying kites during Uttarayan on January 14-15, in Gujarat.
While, the highest number of emergency cases are expected between the age group of 11 to 20 years, the maximum flow of such cases are expected from the densely populated urban centres of Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Rajkot and Surat, an official release from GVK-EMRI that runs the 108 ambulances in the state said.
As many as 10 districts will have an increase of more than 40 per cent with Ahmedabad expected to top the maximum flow of emergency cases. The maximum incidence of such cases is expected to start from 11 am on January 14 that will stretch till 10 pm and continue till 1 am on January 15.
The type of cases include assault, non-vehicular trauma and vehicular trauma cases. "The 108 emergency management centre is prepared for the expected surge in trauma cases during the kite festival. Additional communication, dispatch officers and doctors would be at the response centres to attend additional calls with 506 ambulances in Gujarat to manage possible extra load." said Jashvant Prajapati, COO of GVK EMRI.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress