GVK EMRI predicts 34% rise in trauma cases during Uttarayan
- Cong makes public Raje's signed document backing Lalit Modi, asks govt to sack her
- Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal announces run for US presidential elections 2016
- Maharashtra minister Pankaja Munde accused of Rs 206 crore 'scam'
- Smriti Irani in dock over fake degree; Congress, AAP demand her sacking
- All above the age of 75 in BJP declared brain dead by Modi: Yashwant Sinha
Based on past records, GVK Emergency Management Research Institute (EMRI) has predicted a 34 per cent rise in trauma cases while flying kites during Uttarayan on January 14-15, in Gujarat.
While, the highest number of emergency cases are expected between the age group of 11 to 20 years, the maximum flow of such cases are expected from the densely populated urban centres of Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Rajkot and Surat, an official release from GVK-EMRI that runs the 108 ambulances in the state said.
As many as 10 districts will have an increase of more than 40 per cent with Ahmedabad expected to top the maximum flow of emergency cases. The maximum incidence of such cases is expected to start from 11 am on January 14 that will stretch till 10 pm and continue till 1 am on January 15.
The type of cases include assault, non-vehicular trauma and vehicular trauma cases. "The 108 emergency management centre is prepared for the expected surge in trauma cases during the kite festival. Additional communication, dispatch officers and doctors would be at the response centres to attend additional calls with 506 ambulances in Gujarat to manage possible extra load." said Jashvant Prajapati, COO of GVK EMRI.