Habit-forming drugs worth Rs 9.75 lakh seized
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
In a massive police raid at different locations, habit-forming drugs worth Rs 9.75 lakh were seized on Sunday evening. During one such naka at Kesarganj Mandi, Amit Sachdeva, 25, and Rohit, 23, were found carrying a huge plastic bag. On checking, the police found 300 bottles of Rescof syrup in the bag. Later, their godown was checked in which more drugs and injections were found whose retail value was Rs 9 lakh. At another naka, one Parveen Kumar was found in possession of 10,000 capsules and 15,000 tablets of habit-forming drugs, whose market value was Rs 75,000. Cases have been filed under the NDPS Act.