- Angry Priyanka Gandhi hits back at opponents, says her husband Robert Vadra is being 'maligned'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: UPA will hold together even in defeat, says Sharad Pawar
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- IPL spot fixing: Do you want to probe charges against Srinivasan? SC asks Justice Mudgal panel
- Hate speeches: Modi says petty statements by 'BJP well wishers deviating poll campaign'
Over 100 software developers from Pune, Mumbai, Bangalore and Delhi met at Infosys on December 1 and 2 for the Sanitation Hackathon 2012. TernUp from Bangalore emerged as the winner of the Indian leg of its 14-city global event for their applications on tracking toilet usage and detecting clogged pipes. Pune-based Three Sensitizers were the runners-up. The event was aimed at discovering and developing solutions to address challenges in the sanitation sector, which includes building up an open source technology platforms, developing applications that respond to sanitation challenges and more. Apart from the city, this event was hosted in several cities such as Dhaka, Jakarta, Cape Town, Lima, Hartford, Helsinki and London.
GM plant gets US honour
General Motors India's Talegaon manufacturing plant has become "one of 54 GM facilities worldwide to meet a voluntary energy-reduction challenge" set by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), cutting its energy intensity by 12 percent in less than two years to meet the EPA's Energy Star Challenge for Industry Award. Lowell Paddock, president and managing director, General Motors India, said in a press release: "To achieve the challenge for industry award, our manufacturing plant used various innovative energy-saving strategies like adoption of energy efficient designs and technologies, optimisation of process parameters, usage of reliable process controls and lighting systems among other energy saving methods to reduce energy consumption."
Aerospace meet today
The 8th national seminar on aerospace and related mechanisms will get underway at ARDE, Pashan at 5 pm on Thursday. The chief guest would be P S Veeraraghava, director of Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready