HAL carries out maiden flight of upgraded Jaguar fighter 'Darin III'
- This is how India trashed Pakistan's claims at UNGA
- View in Govt, party: Need to address anger on Uri attack, walk tough talk
- AAP MLA Somnath Bharti arrested by Delhi Police for assaulting AIIMS security guards
- Islamabad envoy Abdul Basit summoned, told Uri attackers came from Pakistan
- After Panama Papers, Bahamas: More Indians in secret tax haven list
Hindustan Aeronautics Limited today said it has successfully carried out the maiden flight of upgraded Jaguar aircraft 'Darin III'.
"This is significant moment for HAL as the upgrade will result in major operational improvement with regard to all weather air-to-ground, air-to-sea and air-to-air capabilities through incorporation of multi-mode radar," HAL Chairman R K Tyagi said.
The total design from system requirement capture, specification preparation, software, hardware, electrical, mechanical design and development has been done indigenously by HAL at its Mission & Combat System Research & Design Centre (MCSRDC) and aircraft trial modification is done by HAL's Overhaul Division, the city-headquartered defence PSU said.
The fleet compliance will also be carried out by HAL.
Software Development Institute of IAF is the design partner for display software development.
Aircraft System Testing Establishment under the leadership of Air Vice-Marshal Raghunath Nambiar takes care of system specification preparation, data analysis and flight testing along with Flight Test Centre of HAL.
- Pakistan and India must get together to isolate the Kashmir issue
- GST is reform long delayed, but there may be good reason not to hurry it through now
- Gau rakshak vs Make in India
- Pope Francis’ message is one that India and Pakistan must hear
- Dengue & chikungunya can be tackled via swift surveillance, sustained controls
- TV channels tossed violent suggestions as casually as a peanut in the mouth