HAL carries out maiden flight of upgraded Jaguar fighter 'Darin III'
- Tanzanian student was not stripped, paraded naked: K'taka Home Minister
- National Herald case: Sonia, Rahul Gandhi move SC challenging Delhi HC order
- Budget session of Parliament to begin on Feb 23; Jaitley hopeful of GST
- Suspended UP chief engineer Yadav Singh arrested, Congress, BJP say probe links
- Will stand by Pakistan if it acts on terror: Rajnath Singh
Hindustan Aeronautics Limited today said it has successfully carried out the maiden flight of upgraded Jaguar aircraft 'Darin III'.
"This is significant moment for HAL as the upgrade will result in major operational improvement with regard to all weather air-to-ground, air-to-sea and air-to-air capabilities through incorporation of multi-mode radar," HAL Chairman R K Tyagi said.
The total design from system requirement capture, specification preparation, software, hardware, electrical, mechanical design and development has been done indigenously by HAL at its Mission & Combat System Research & Design Centre (MCSRDC) and aircraft trial modification is done by HAL's Overhaul Division, the city-headquartered defence PSU said.
The fleet compliance will also be carried out by HAL.
Software Development Institute of IAF is the design partner for display software development.
Aircraft System Testing Establishment under the leadership of Air Vice-Marshal Raghunath Nambiar takes care of system specification preparation, data analysis and flight testing along with Flight Test Centre of HAL.
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2
- Rohith’s despair speaks of the collective failure of the teaching community
- Mehbooba Mufti has held out CBMs for the BJP-PDP coalition
- What if we cannot poke a little innocent fun at one another
- Outcome on Section 377 will depend on composition of the Constitution bench
- Inadequate staff, payment delays undermine MGNREGA in drought-hit Mahabubnagar