HAL carries out maiden flight of upgraded Jaguar fighter 'Darin III'
- Congress says Togadia spreading venom; EC seeks recording of alleged hate speech
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police, agrees to hear Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs DD: CSK win toss, elect to bat first
Hindustan Aeronautics Limited today said it has successfully carried out the maiden flight of upgraded Jaguar aircraft 'Darin III'.
"This is significant moment for HAL as the upgrade will result in major operational improvement with regard to all weather air-to-ground, air-to-sea and air-to-air capabilities through incorporation of multi-mode radar," HAL Chairman R K Tyagi said.
The total design from system requirement capture, specification preparation, software, hardware, electrical, mechanical design and development has been done indigenously by HAL at its Mission & Combat System Research & Design Centre (MCSRDC) and aircraft trial modification is done by HAL's Overhaul Division, the city-headquartered defence PSU said.
The fleet compliance will also be carried out by HAL.
Software Development Institute of IAF is the design partner for display software development.
Aircraft System Testing Establishment under the leadership of Air Vice-Marshal Raghunath Nambiar takes care of system specification preparation, data analysis and flight testing along with Flight Test Centre of HAL.
The upgrade incorporates new state-of-the-art avionics architecture including Mission Computer, Engine and Flight Instrument System, Solid State Digital Video Recording System, Solid State Flight Data Recorder and additional functions in inertial global positioning system, autopilot, radar and RWR, a HAL statement.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota