HAL carries out maiden flight of upgraded Jaguar fighter 'Darin III'
- There are legitimate reasons to have bank account outside, we're part of #PanamaPapers probe team: Rajan
- #PanamaPapersIndia Part 2: Politician, industrialist, jeweller
- Trailing 6 firms, Delhi hit Mossack Fonseca wall
- Hand over Panama Papers to SC, Congress urges government
- The Parade of the blacklisted: Funding Syria’s war and bloodshed
Hindustan Aeronautics Limited today said it has successfully carried out the maiden flight of upgraded Jaguar aircraft 'Darin III'.
"This is significant moment for HAL as the upgrade will result in major operational improvement with regard to all weather air-to-ground, air-to-sea and air-to-air capabilities through incorporation of multi-mode radar," HAL Chairman R K Tyagi said.
The total design from system requirement capture, specification preparation, software, hardware, electrical, mechanical design and development has been done indigenously by HAL at its Mission & Combat System Research & Design Centre (MCSRDC) and aircraft trial modification is done by HAL's Overhaul Division, the city-headquartered defence PSU said.
The fleet compliance will also be carried out by HAL.
Software Development Institute of IAF is the design partner for display software development.
Aircraft System Testing Establishment under the leadership of Air Vice-Marshal Raghunath Nambiar takes care of system specification preparation, data analysis and flight testing along with Flight Test Centre of HAL.
- JNU and HCU targeted because they attract and nurture students from lower castes
- Shani Shingnapur faceoff: A State For Men
- Our metros are held together by the weak glue of Facebook ties
- New hydrocarbon policy is an improvement. But govt must address ‘softer’ operating issues
- VP Ansari's remarks on protecting minority rights have been made before. But they bear repeating
- Family planning is at the core of the mission to reduce maternal and child mortality