Haldia medical college students at HC door
- Siachen avalanche: Lance Naik Hanamanthappa passes away three days after miraculous rescue
- Dr RK Pachauri goes on leave as TERI Chancellor, won't attend March 7 convocation
- Ishrat Jahan's mother on Headley deposition: Ploy by those guilty to salvage their names
- Write-offs a scam, small loans rarely in it, says former RBI Deputy Governor
- David Headley received money from ISI, LeT and Dr Rana
Students of Medical College at Haldia on Tuesday approached the Calcutta High Court seeking a direction to the Medical Council of India (MCI) to give a provisional permission to run the college this year. The MCI had de-recognised the college in December 2011.
Hearing the petition filed by 77 first-year medical students, Justice Tapen Sen directed the state government, MCI and the West Bengal University of Health Science to file an affidavit within five weeks in this regard.
ICARE, a social organisation at Haldia, had started a dental college under the chairmanship of Lakhan Seth, former CPM MP of Tamluk, in 2007. The organistaion opened the medical college in 2010 using the same infrastructure.