Haldia officer who pointed to ‘TMC hand’ in HBT exit held
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
At the meeting today, ABG Infralogistics Limited, which has been selected as the lowest bidder for loading and unloading containers at terminal five of Netaji Subhas Dock of KoPT, was awarded the contract for mechanisation of five NSD berths at Kolkata Dock System.
There is a rider though: ABG is a parent company of HBT, which has been blacklisted. So KoPT won't take responsibility if the new contract is terminated.
Some senior officials of KoPT who attended today's meeting were skeptical. "The contract is a deliberate attempt not to keep ABG in the port. It is an eyewash to select ABG Infralogistics Limited as the lowest bidder at a time when the port's image has been tarnished by ABG-led HBT's pullout from Bengal," an official said.
KoPT chairman Manish Jain did not want to comment on the issue.