Half a Jacques Kallis better than none: former SA coach
- No permission for Gujarat roadshow: Arvind Kejriwal released after brief detention
- RJD, Congress agree on seat-sharing deal for Bihar
- Supreme Court takes suo motu cognisance of ink attack on Subrata Roy
- Rahul slams BJP, says party wants to vest power in one person
- Sheila Dikshit appointed Kerala Governor; Congress-RJD pact likely today
The lingering doubts on his fitness notwithstanding, former South Africa coach Ray Jennings feels the Proteas should include the veteran all-rounder for the third Test against Australia.
Jacques Kallis' participation in the match is in doubt after he suffered an injury during which batting in the drawn second Test in Adelaide.
"I would select him, even if he is only 80 per cent fit, because his name on the scoreboard means a lot," Jennings said.
"(Kallis) is of cardinal importance in the team, especially if there are a few younger players," he added.
The former coach was also critical of the poor performance of former Pakistani player Imran Tahir in the Australian tour, where he delivered 37 overs without taking a single wicket.
"I know that he can be a match-winner but his confidence is now so low that you should rather give Robin Peterson a chance," he said.