Half-burnt body of 80-yr-old woman found near police HQ
A 80-year-old woman was found murdered and torched in a shack near the city police headquarters on Friday. She was the mother of an assistant sub-inspector (ASI) posted at Ahmedabad Police Headquarters.
During preliminary investigation, police found that the woman's throat was slit before setting her on fire.
The Madhavpura police identified the deceased as Ganga Reva Parmar. She was living with her son Kanti Parmar (ASI) in a police quarter in the city.
The incident came to light when the shack was found burning in the morning and fire officials carried out an operation to douse the flame. The body was brought out in half-burnt condition, police said.
A few hours later, the family members of the victim came to police claiming that the victim had gone missing a night earlier and expressed grief over the "accidental death of the woman", officials said.
However, when the family members and neighbours were questioned, the police reportedly received leads that she was allegedly being tortured by her son Kanti, two daughters and grandsons.
The family members of the deceased also claimed that she had lost her mental balance and used to fight with everyone in the colony. They therefore thought she "walked away", police said.
ACP J C Patel said, "The body had cut marks. We have started investigation into the case." According to police, the family members of the victim including the ASI were under police radar, the official added.
The Madhavpura police station constable, Rajendra Prasad Mishra, has lodged an FIR in this connection
as none of the family members reportedly came forward for it.
The body was sent for post-mortem and a case of murder was lodged under the Indian Penal Code and begun further investigation in this connection.
Gandhinagar steel factory director held for 'tax evasion'
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties
- BJP dancing to the tune of RSS: Sonia Gandhi | The Indian Express
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh’s book embarrasses PM; ‘Singh had little political authority’
- How can Modi honour women if he can’t mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Rahul Gandhi insulting Ambedkar by taking credit for laws: Narendra Modi