Halle Berry is glad she waited to have kids
- Lok Sabha proceedings washed out as Opposition adamant on Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhra Raje's resignation
- BJP counters Congress with ‘sting CD’ on Uttarakhand CM’s aide
- Nitish Kumar to welcome PM Modi, attend programmes too if invited
- Speaker Sumitra Mahajan's warning of 'disciplinary action' irks opposition
- Lt Governor Najeeb Jung calls DCW chief's appointment illegal
Actress Halle Berry thinks waiting until she was 41 to have her daughter Nahla has made her a better parent than she would've been in her 20s or 30s.
"I was 41 when I had Nahla and I think I was right to have waited. I don't think I would have been as good a mother in my 20s or even in my 30s as I'm able to be now.
"It took me time to figure out so many things in my life - who I was, how to become happy - before I could reach the point where I could be the kind of mother I wanted to be," Berry said.
Nahla's father is Berry's former partner Gabriel Aubry. She is currently engaged to Olivier Martinez.
The actress also said though she is proud of her professional achievements, she will always put her family life ahead of her career, reported Sun Online.
"Being a mom puts things into perspective about what we take and share in life. It's a matter of juggling and finding what comes natural. Being a mother is probably the most important thing in my life.
"Career is important, but nothing really supersedes my role as a mother. That's the most important thing I'm going to do in life at this point," she added.