Hallomajra murder solved
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
The UT police on Monday cracked the case of a resident of Hallomajra who was allegedly murdered on Sunday night by four unidentified persons. The police arrested five of the accused and established that it was a case of contact killing.
The deceased, Siya Ram, was attacked by four youth at Hallomajra with beer bottles and bricks. The post mortem report revealed that 43-year-old Siya Ram, a native of Dholpur Rajasthan had a fracture in his skull.
The deceased is survived by his wife, two daughters and a son aged 20, 18 and 10 respectively.
According to the Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP), South, BS Negi, Jai Nath an acquaintance of the deceased was the kingpin of the alleged murder.
"Jai Nath had an argument with Siya Ram some time ago in which Siya Ram had beaten Jai Nath, a resident of Panchkula. He (Jai Nath) then approached Pawan Kumar and offered him Rs 50,000 for beating Siya Ram". According to the police, Pawan, along with Deepa, Michael, Rinku, Ashiq and Raju went to beat Siya Ram however he succumbed to his injuries.
Pawan was arrested by UT police on Sunday night while he was trying to flee from Chandigarh.
The rest of the accused were arrested by the Police. Ashiq, one of the accused is still absconding. Many more people involved have been named by the accused. The accused arrested were produced in a local court on Monday.