Hanging Afzal Guru is a good decision: Ajmer Dargah head
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The religious head of Ajmer Dargah has welcomed the hanging of 2001 Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru, terming it as a "very good decision".
"This is a very good decision but should have been taken earlier. It was necessary to send a message across the world that India is tough against terrorism," Zainul Abedin Ali Khan, Diwan of Khawaja Moinuddin Chisti's shrine, said.
The government should take such bold and legal steps well in time to give a message that the country has zero tolerance for terrorism, he said.
Khan also demanded from the Pakistan government to release Sarabjit Singh, an Indian national who is languishing in a jail in that country for several years.