Hanging Afzal Guru is a good decision: Ajmer Dargah head
- Rajnath Singh does a Sonia Gandhi, meets top Shia clerics in Lucknow
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Amnesty welcomes SC verdict on transgender
- If Modi loses in Varanasi, no one will make him PM: Arvind Kejriwal
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
The religious head of Ajmer Dargah has welcomed the hanging of 2001 Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru, terming it as a "very good decision".
"This is a very good decision but should have been taken earlier. It was necessary to send a message across the world that India is tough against terrorism," Zainul Abedin Ali Khan, Diwan of Khawaja Moinuddin Chisti's shrine, said.
The government should take such bold and legal steps well in time to give a message that the country has zero tolerance for terrorism, he said.
Khan also demanded from the Pakistan government to release Sarabjit Singh, an Indian national who is languishing in a jail in that country for several years.