Afzal Guru's family communicated through Speed Post: Home Secy
- Not RSSâ job to chant âNamo, Namoâ, canât cross limits for BJP: Mohan Bhagwat
- Missing Malaysia Airlines: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Mocking Nitishâs âPM hopesâ, Modi woos Muslims, Yadavs
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
The family of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru has been informed about his hanging by the Tihar authorities through Speed Post and the J-K government was taken into confidence before his execution, the Centre said today.
"They (Tihar jail authorities) intimated the family through Speed Post, registered post and the DG (Director General of Jammu and Kashmir Police) has been told to check with the family whether they got it or not," Union Home Secretary R K Singh told reporters here.
Singh said the J&K government has been taken into confidence before Guru's hanging early today.
In the wake of Afzal Guru's hanging, the Jammu and Kashmir government is taking all necessary preventive measures to maintain peace there but the government is not apprehending any trouble in rest of the country.
"We are not having any apprehension anywhere in the country. In Jammu and Kashmir, the state government is taking steps. We are in touch with them," the Home Secretary said.
Without giving details, Singh said security has been intensified in some areas.
Official sources said Jammu and Kashmir Chief Secretary Madhav Lal and Director General of Police Ashok Prasad were called to the Home Ministry and the decision to hang Afzal Guru was conveyed to them.
The two top officials were told to take all possible steps to prevent any possible untoward incident in Jammu and Kashmir after Guru's hanging, sources said.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express