Hansal Mehta begins shooting 'Citylights' this month
- Malaysian airlines might have disintegrated mid-air
- Out of the 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by Modi: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress
- Varanasi seat row: RSS worried but believes BJP will solve it
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
Director Hansal Mehta, who is collaborating with Rajkumar Yadav again on 'Citylights' after 'Shahid', is embarking on a week-long shooting schedule in Rajasthan this month.
The Fox Star Studios and Vishesh Films' project is an official remake of UK's award-winning film 'Metro Manila', which is also Britain's entry in the Best Foreign Language film category at the upcoming 86th Academy Awards.
Based on the life of a poor farmer who comes to the city of Mumbai in search of a better life, the film will see Yadav working with actress Patraleka.
"Fox International Productions acquired the remake rights of Metro Manila and we at Fox Star Studios decided to partner with Vishesh Films for this very special film because no one else can portray love stories in a manner they do.
"'Citylights' is a love story set against the backdrop of a thriller and we can assure the audiences that this is going to be an altogether new cinematic experience for them," said Vijay Singh, CEO, Fox Star Studios.
The film is slated to release worldwide on May 1, 2014.