Hansal Mehta begins shooting 'Citylights' this month
- Priyanka Gandhi denies report on fighting polls against Modi, says her focus remains Rae Bareli and Amethi
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh's book embarrasses PM; 'Singh had little political authority'
- Two yrs after townâs first-ever riots, Kosi Kalan shadow hangs large over Mathura
- Fresh FIR against Azam Khan
- Election Live: BJP wants to destroy secular values, only Congress promises secularism, says Sonia Gandhi
Director Hansal Mehta, who is collaborating with Rajkumar Yadav again on 'Citylights' after 'Shahid', is embarking on a week-long shooting schedule in Rajasthan this month.
The Fox Star Studios and Vishesh Films' project is an official remake of UK's award-winning film 'Metro Manila', which is also Britain's entry in the Best Foreign Language film category at the upcoming 86th Academy Awards.
Based on the life of a poor farmer who comes to the city of Mumbai in search of a better life, the film will see Yadav working with actress Patraleka.
"Fox International Productions acquired the remake rights of Metro Manila and we at Fox Star Studios decided to partner with Vishesh Films for this very special film because no one else can portray love stories in a manner they do.
"'Citylights' is a love story set against the backdrop of a thriller and we can assure the audiences that this is going to be an altogether new cinematic experience for them," said Vijay Singh, CEO, Fox Star Studios.
The film is slated to release worldwide on May 1, 2014.
- Security men at every step, Shinde keeps ‘safe distance’ from voters, debunks charges
- In Beed, Modi factor dents Munde’s goodwill among Muslims
- Ambareesh campaigns for Nilekani
- Raids on Bellary moneylender yield Rs 8.74 crore cash
- MP faces Amreli villagers’ ire in campaign
- JERC approves sale of solar power at Rs 1.13 per unit