- Historic moment, ISRO successfully launches 20 satellites from Sriharikota
- After Raghuram Rajan exit, Swamy now targets CEA Arvind Subramanian
- Will bring tapping to Supreme Court notice, make it part of Essar leaks case: Prashant Bhushan
- Same bike, weapon used for killing Narendra Dabholkar and Govind Pansare, says CBI
- No more Rail Budget? Niti Ayog note to PMO terms it as 'failed' exercise
After delivering a memorable live performance with his mother, Neetu Kapoor, at the Screen Awards recently, Ranbir Kapoor is now prepping to act with both his mother and father Rishi Kapoor in his upcoming movie Besharam. Directed by Abhinav Kashyap, the film is currently in its first schedule. Kashyap has signed on Neetu and Rishi Kapoor to play key roles in the film. While Ranbir portrays the character of a shameless car thief, Rishi plays a Haryanvi cop and Neetu, a police inspector. After his commendable performance as Rauf Lala in Agneepath, it will be interesting to watch Rishi perform a rustic character and obey his wife, who plays his boss.
Fairy Tale, Retold
Diya aur Baati Hum is a popular show on Star Plus. However, producers Sumeet and Shashi Mittal's next, Sajana, has little in common with the former. Diya aur Baati Hum is a story of a woman who, although married to a sweet vendor from a small town, aspires to become an IPS officer some day. Sajana, on the other hand is said to be an adaptation of the fairy tale Beauty And The Beast. It is said to have Soumya Seth and Rohit Khurana as part of what will be a love triangle. The story revolves around a popular radio jockey, who has a murky side to his life, driven by his unappealing looks. He falls in love with a beautiful girl and the show explores their equation thereafter. Sajana is likely to replace Hongey Judaa Na Hum, which borrows heavily from the Hollywood hit Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
- Any party serious about UP’s development would try and make trifurcation a political issue
- There are lessons for India in Thailand’s experience on universal healthcare
- China’s declining competitiveness is an opportunity for India apparel industry
- If there is maun yoga, let Salman Khan practice it
- There is no logical way to refute the generalised assertions about the CSO’s skulduggery
- EU referendum: Days of unmaking