Harassment charges: Cops quiz NID officials
- Sahara chief Subrata Roy arrested in Lucknow, says he was not absconding
- Chhattisgarh: Six policemen killed in Naxal ambush
- Govt hikes DA by 10% for 80 lakh employees & pensioners
- In countdown to polls, UPA govt pushes for dozen cabinet proposals to beat model code of conduct
- Tarun Tejpal among three booked for possession of phones inside Goa jail
The Gandhinagar police on Tuesday questioned four officials, including the Centre Head, of the National Institute of Design (NID) in connection with a complaint filed by an associate professor against the institute for 'defaming' her and terminating her contract.
Deepa Chalke of Apparel and Merchandising Department had complained to the police that the warden of boys hostel, Shatrugan Tiwari, used to pass sexist remarks on her. She alleged that the NID management did not handle the issue in a sensitive manner and the warden kept harassing her through security guards.
Based on the complaint, the police questioned Tiwari, Centre Head Akhil Succena, administration head Siddharth Swaminarayan and faculty member Krishna Patel.
In her complaint, Deepa stated that NID authorities terminated her contract after she lodged a formal complaint with the institute in November 2011. The NID had terminated her contract on February 22 after which she lodged a police complaint.
Investigating Officer, Sub-Inspector A K Tailor said, "All the four persons mentioned in her complaint were questioned. Tiwari rubbished her claims stating that she has personal problems with him. Succena and Swaminarayan also said the allegations were false."
- Love and thereabouts
- Youth Akali Dal leaders open fire in front of Akali leader’s home, 3 hurt
- Raarewala market: Shopkeepers threaten LS election boycott; Ayali, mayor swing into action
- Techie murder: 2 months on, cops land in UP on wild goose chase, lens on taxi, auto drivers
- Deoband cleric declares support for Narendra Modi
- Row in British parliament complex over Narendra Modi’s past