Harendra, Sandhu to play in PGTI C’ship
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kejriwal targets BJP over attack on Bharti; Ilmi defends her 'communal Muslim' remark again
- Modi to Cong: Just 20 days more...Will take revenge
- SC to frame rules to snip govt ads
- Donât allow regional parties to contest LS polls: Chavan
- Elections 2014 Phase 6 LIVE: Voting underway for 117 Lok Sabha seats; Mulayam, Anil Ambani among early voters
Top Chandigarh golfers Harendra Gupta and Ajeetesh Sandhu are few of the big names that will be seen in action during the PGTI Players Championship to be held at Poona Club Golf Course from November 7 to 10. Just a few days ago, Ajeetesh won the DLF Masters title despite the presence of top golfers from India of the likes of Jyoti Randhawa.
The PGTI tournament carries a total prize purse of Rs. 35 lakh. The PGTI Players Championship will be followed by the sixth leg of the 'Volvo World Golf Challenge' on November 11, where local amateurs will compete for berths at the national final.
The top names participating in the event include Mukesh Kumar, Om Prakash Chouhan, Shankar Das and Abhijit Singh Chadha, to name a few. The top foreign golfers in the fray are Mithun Perera (Sri Lanka), Anura Rohana (Sri Lanka), Kunal Bhasin (Australia), Anthony Choat (Australia) and Md Zamal Hossain Mollah (Bangladesh). The local challenge will be led by Gurki Shergill, Rajiv Datar, Jaideep Patwardhan, Aditya Bhandarkar, Pravin Pathare, Saurabh Bhaduri, Sameer M Shaikh and Sachin Nigade. The sixth leg of the 'Volvo World Golf Challenge', Volvo's prestigious international golf tournament played in over 35 countries, will follow immediately after the PGTI Players Championship.
- Main accused in hawala racket has underworld links: Police
- Sindhu, Kashyap advance, Srikanth exits early at Asian C’ships
- Adhiban recovers, stays in lead
- 1 jumps to death as fire breaks out in Surat 10-storey building
- Barcelona gets temporary relief as FIFA freezes transfer ban
- Moyes thanks Ferguson, stays mum on players