Harendra, Sandhu to play in PGTI C’ship
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
Top Chandigarh golfers Harendra Gupta and Ajeetesh Sandhu are few of the big names that will be seen in action during the PGTI Players Championship to be held at Poona Club Golf Course from November 7 to 10. Just a few days ago, Ajeetesh won the DLF Masters title despite the presence of top golfers from India of the likes of Jyoti Randhawa.
The PGTI tournament carries a total prize purse of Rs. 35 lakh. The PGTI Players Championship will be followed by the sixth leg of the 'Volvo World Golf Challenge' on November 11, where local amateurs will compete for berths at the national final.
The top names participating in the event include Mukesh Kumar, Om Prakash Chouhan, Shankar Das and Abhijit Singh Chadha, to name a few. The top foreign golfers in the fray are Mithun Perera (Sri Lanka), Anura Rohana (Sri Lanka), Kunal Bhasin (Australia), Anthony Choat (Australia) and Md Zamal Hossain Mollah (Bangladesh). The local challenge will be led by Gurki Shergill, Rajiv Datar, Jaideep Patwardhan, Aditya Bhandarkar, Pravin Pathare, Saurabh Bhaduri, Sameer M Shaikh and Sachin Nigade. The sixth leg of the 'Volvo World Golf Challenge', Volvo's prestigious international golf tournament played in over 35 countries, will follow immediately after the PGTI Players Championship.