Harvard students send hamburger into space
- Mali hostage crisis ends as security forces gun down militants; 27 killed
- Sheena Bora case: Peter charged with murder, criminal conspiracy
- Nitish Kumar sworn in as Bihar Chief Minister; Lalu's sons in Cabinet
- UP keeps its distance from Bihar: Why Mulayam, Akhilesh didn't attend Nitish swearing-in
- Madras HC stays cancellation of Greenpeace India registration
A group of five Harvard University students sent a hamburger soaring up to 100,000 ft, to film its adventures in space as part of their "Operation Skyfall."
This video that was uploaded to YouTube by Nyassin14, shows how the students managed to do it.
First, they coated a hamburger with lacquer, to make sure that it stood a fighting chance of withstanding the elements on its trip into space, the Telegraph reported.
The hamburger was then connected to a camera and a GPS system before being attached to a helium balloon.
It reached an altitude of almost 100,000 feet before the balloon burst and sent the burger hurtling back to Earth.