Harvard students send hamburger into space
- SC stays Teesta Setalvad's arrest till Friday
- Arvind Kejriwal meets PM Modi, raises issue of statehood
- We moved from politics of agitation to politics of hope, says Yogendra Yadav
- After Modi's rap, BJP workers shelve NaMo temple project in Rajkot
- Nitish parades his numbers, Bihar Governor calls Manjhi for floor test
A group of five Harvard University students sent a hamburger soaring up to 100,000 ft, to film its adventures in space as part of their "Operation Skyfall."
This video that was uploaded to YouTube by Nyassin14, shows how the students managed to do it.
First, they coated a hamburger with lacquer, to make sure that it stood a fighting chance of withstanding the elements on its trip into space, the Telegraph reported.
The hamburger was then connected to a camera and a GPS system before being attached to a helium balloon.
It reached an altitude of almost 100,000 feet before the balloon burst and sent the burger hurtling back to Earth.
Several days later, the students found the hamburger and camera stuck up in a tree just outside Boston. Both were still intact.