Harvard students send hamburger into space
- Lies being spread that govt will scrap reservation: PM Modi
- Bihar polls: PM Modi's rally at Bhabhua tomorrow gets EC clearance
- Policy decision on combat role for women soon, says Defence Minister Parrikar
- Delhi: 4-year-old girl raped, found bleeding near railway tracks
- K P Oli elected as new Prime Minister of Nepal
A group of five Harvard University students sent a hamburger soaring up to 100,000 ft, to film its adventures in space as part of their "Operation Skyfall."
This video that was uploaded to YouTube by Nyassin14, shows how the students managed to do it.
First, they coated a hamburger with lacquer, to make sure that it stood a fighting chance of withstanding the elements on its trip into space, the Telegraph reported.
The hamburger was then connected to a camera and a GPS system before being attached to a helium balloon.
It reached an altitude of almost 100,000 feet before the balloon burst and sent the burger hurtling back to Earth.