Haryana again: 3 fresh rape cases
- I expected to do very well but didn't expect to top it: UPSC topper
- Shiv Sena comes to BJP's rescue, says 'move to classify madrasas as non-schools not anti-religious'
- Across the Aisle: ‘Export or perish’. Have we chosen ‘perish’?
- Big Picture - ‘Why did they kill me, ammi?’
- Sunday Story: The Leader and his machine
In further embarrassment to the Haryana government, three more rape incidents, including two of minor girls, came to light on Saturday.
While a 20-year-old girl was allegedly raped by her neighbour at Sikri village in Ballabgarh area of Faridabad district on Friday, the two other girls, including a Dalit, were allegedly gangraped in two different incidents in Hisar and Bhiwani districts.
In the Faridabad incident, the accused Parvinder sneaked into victim's house in her father's absence, gave her sedative-laced food and raped her, the police said.
"We are waiting for the victim's medical report after which a case will be lodged," they said.
Meanwhile, four youths allegedly raped a 16-year-old Dalit girl at her house in Hisar on November 3 while her parents were away, but the victim informed her family about the incident on Friday.
The girl's father said that the accused had threatened to eliminate his family "if we approach the police".
In another case, a 11-year-old girl was allegedly raped by three youths in the Dadri sub-division of Bhiwani on November 8.
With PTI inputs