Haryana again: 3 fresh rape cases
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
In further embarrassment to the Haryana government, three more rape incidents, including two of minor girls, came to light on Saturday.
While a 20-year-old girl was allegedly raped by her neighbour at Sikri village in Ballabgarh area of Faridabad district on Friday, the two other girls, including a Dalit, were allegedly gangraped in two different incidents in Hisar and Bhiwani districts.
In the Faridabad incident, the accused Parvinder sneaked into victim's house in her father's absence, gave her sedative-laced food and raped her, the police said.
"We are waiting for the victim's medical report after which a case will be lodged," they said.
Meanwhile, four youths allegedly raped a 16-year-old Dalit girl at her house in Hisar on November 3 while her parents were away, but the victim informed her family about the incident on Friday.
The girl's father said that the accused had threatened to eliminate his family "if we approach the police".
In another case, a 11-year-old girl was allegedly raped by three youths in the Dadri sub-division of Bhiwani on November 8.
With PTI inputs
- BJP to distribute Modi gulaal for Holi
- Improve facilities in courts: HC tells state
- Varanasi seat may delay BJP’s list for UP
- CPM-backed Kairali TV airs interview of author who alleged sex abuse at Amritanandamayi ashram
- Identification parade of suspects held in Yerawada Jail
- State to fine-tune boundaries in eco-sensitive areas