Haryana bundle out UP for 227
- Congress wants Amit Shah held, BJP says nation shares his views
- Advani: Modi not my protege, a brilliant events manager
- Modi absent from Varunâs campaign, as is largely any BJP mention
- Pak bike-snatchers turned terrorists for IMâs âjihad liteâ
- Unruffled Indian team lets hair down with PS3, selfies, soccer
Mohit Sharma took five for 47 to help Haryana bundle out hosts Uttar Pradesh for a meagre 227 and then themselves reach 32 for one at the end of the opening day's play in their Ranji Trophy Group B match here on Saturday.
After putting UP in to bat, Haryana bowlers wrecked havoc as they dismissed the hosts for less than 230 runs on the board.
Arish Alam top scored with 52, while Suresh Raina (49), Mukul Dagar (38) and Parvinder Singh (32) chipped in with important runs for UP.
But wickets at regular interval did not help the hosts' cause at all.
While Mohit ended with a five-wicket haul, Harshal Patel (2/42) claimed two wickets.
In reply to UP's modest first innings total, the visitors lost opener Abhimanyu Khod (8) early, but thereafter Rahul Dewan and Sunny Singh made sure that they do not lose any more wickets on the day.
At stumps, Rahul was unbeaten on 13, while Sunny was not out on 10.
UP: 227 all out in 73 overs (Arish Alam 52, Suresh Raina 49, Mukul Dagar 38; Mohit Sharma 5/47). Haryana: 32 for one in 9 overs (Rahul Dewan batting 13; Ankit Rajpoot 1/15).
- BMC gets 75K applications for 942 posts of clerks
- Sena corporator Yashodhar Phanse new chairman of BMC standing committee
- ‘Principal leaked paper to cop’s son out of goodwill’; both remanded in 5-day custody
- Juvenile board miffed at raking up convicts’ past
- Ahead of state polls, Rane says Cong ‘hasn’t used his full potential’
- Mizoram: Arms, ammunition seized before polls